To use the e-book service, you will need:
· An Augusta library card, offered free of charge and available at the circulation desk.
· Access to a computer.
· E-reader device such as a Nook, Kindle, Sony e-reader, iPad, iPhone, etc.
· OverDrive Media and/or Adobe Digital Editions software.
· A USB cord. (Hint for Nooks: your AC adapter is detachable from the USB cord.)
Directions for Nook, iPad, iPhone, Sony, etc.
Audio Books and Music
You will need the Overdrive Media Console software. Go to http://www.overdrive.com. Click the Software/Apps tab at the top of the page. Next select OverDrive Media Console. Click the button next to your device in the Choose version box. A button will appear below the box as a link to download the correct version of the software for your device.
To download e-books, you will need the Adobe software, offered free of charge. First, obtain an Adobe ID by going to www.adobe.com. Create an Adobe account and sign in.
Next, download Adobe Digital Editions found at www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions. You can now check out ebooks and download them to your computer. Use a USB cord to connect your device to the computer and download to your device. Hint for Nooks: your AC adapter is detachable from the USB cord.
Once your library card and software packages are installed, you are ready to begin to check out e-books!
Checking Out E-books
- Go to www.sunflowerelibrary.org
- Click on the Sign In tab
- From the drop down menu, select Augusta Public Library
- At the next screen, enter your library card number
- You can set your lending periods
- Click Done when finished
Select your book from the Browse Collections menu. Your book can be added to your wish list, a hold can be placed on it, or it can be checked out. Sunflower Elibrary offers three format choices: Kindle, Adobe EPUB and Adobe PDF Ebook.
Sunflower E-library Check Out Policies
· Check out limit is five items.
· Maximum cart items is 7.
· The cart expires after 30 minutes.
· The hold pick up period is 3 days.
· The number of items you can have on hold at one time is 7.